POP Program - Relief for Landlords/Property Owners
Colorado now offers relief for landlords/property owners feeling the effects of the COVID-19 eviction moratorium and the new 30-day notice requirement.
The Colorado Division of Housing launched an emergency rental assistance program for landlords called the "Property Owner Preservation" (POP) program.
To qualify for the POP program:
• Your tenants complete applications stating that they were unable to pay rent because they experienced financial need due to COVID-19.
• The rent for the unit for which assistance is requested is set at or below the POP maximum rent listed below. All reasonable mobile home lot rents qualify.
• The rental unit or mobile home park meet basic health and safety requirements. Self-certification is required.
• Your property is not in foreclosure (if it is, a receivership has been established by the courts) and your state and local real estate taxes have been paid.
• You agree to all program requirements and provide the proper documentation (not very intensive!).
For more information, go to the website: https://cdola.colorado.gov/rental-assistance. We are also happy to assist!